Maintain a Healthy Landscape – and Water Bill
Most residential and commercial property owners use excessive amounts of water to keep their lawns and green, costing them more money than necessary.
An irrigation system will put the right amount of water, where and when it is needed.
You get the balance and consistency that hand watering can’t. Your lawn is a reflection of you, so put in a dependable watering system and let your lawn shine.
Installing an automatic watering system can help transform your grass into the green, beautiful, healthy lawn you want. Lawn irrigation systems are the most efficient way to ensure your yard gets the hydration it needs without over-watering.
- Save Time: Irrigation systems work on their own, so no more wasting time manually watering.
- Save Money: The benefits of an irrigation system outweigh the initial cost of the system, which will pay for itself sooner than you think.
- Save Water: Installing an irrigation system can conserve water while maintaining a healthy landscape.
Recommended Watering Schedules
Established lawns require less water than newly sodded or newly seeded areas. For the hotter summer months, we recommend that you water five to six times a week. Watering between 3-6AM is the ideal time to take advantage of the coolest time of the morning, but completing prior to sunrise to allow the water to infiltrate the soil as much as possible. You may need to check any water rationing or watering mandate days from your local water utility company first.
For newly installed sod, we recommend that you water at least two times each day. In the case of extreme heat, it might be necessary to add a third water cycle. Once the grow-in period of a few weeks has passed, it is recommended to reduce the watering frequency.
For twice a day watering, schedule your system for 3-6AM and 6-8PM.
Recommended Water Duration
A lawn irrigation system from First Response Lawn Care includes the proper type of sprinkler heads needed for the area. For instance spray heads and rotor heads for distributing two different amounts of water per area.
Zones consisting of spray heads typically require about 5-10 minutes of run time per cycle .
Zones consisting of rotor heads typically require about 15-25 minutes of run time per cycle.
Signs of a Healthy Lawn:
- Fairly even color range from green to dark-grey green
- Grass blades bounce back almost immediately when walked on
- Even thatch at the soil level
- Blades will have fairly even thickness
For more information about our services click on the banner below.